Friday, March 18, 2011

I am a buko lover. as in

I love buko. Buko pie. Buko. But mostly, buko juice. I can finish off four (4) bukos (meat and juice) in less than 2 hours.. and that's taking it slowly. I think my record was a whopping ten (10) bukos in a span of 2 days, since you can't keep bukos for too long.

Living in laguna, bukos are everywhere. Though i know that buko has a lot of health benefits, I've never really given it any thought. So I researched for it (while drinking buko juice) and here's some of what I found.

This is taken from the website http://www.lipabuko.com/lipa-buko/html/health.php.

And no, I am not from Lipa Buko. I am not plugging them. Though their drinks are good. Somewhat expensive. But I prefer the natural buko. Haha. Anyway, the site has the complete list of benefits but below are my favorite, especially the last two. Hehe.

Health Benefits
  • Boosts energy and endurance enhancing physical and athletic performance
  • Improves digestion & absorption of fat –soluble vitamins & amino acids.
  • Improves insulin secretion & utilization of blood glucose.
  • Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
  • Helps prevent obesity and overweight problem.
 Not only that, buko also has beauty benefits. Oh di ba! 

Beauty Benefits
  • Softens skin & relieves dryness, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin & age spots.
  • Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
  • Provides protection from the damaging effects of ultra-violet radiation from the sun.
 So drink up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment