Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why I love weekends at Nuvali

I have a sister who lives in Nuvali, Sta Rosa. Very quaint. Cool weather. Safe place to live in. Nice neighborhood. Close to restos and other establishments.

BUt what i like most about spending weekends there is this - she has no wifi and no cable (just a TV). MOst people would find that appalling, especially for those who like going online all the time. We have wifi and cable at our home in elbi but I love spending time at NUvali.

Because 1) I get to read my books. I have a long list of books to read - from Taipan to Blink - and yet I don't have time to do so when at home. When in Nuvali, since I have nothing else to do, I get to read.

And 2) I have good conversations with my family. It's true what they say: with wifi and laptop, you spend less time talking with the people around you.

Though we have smartbro and sun broadband (take your pick), I intentionally didn't connect to the net.

And now that i'm back at our own home, here i am, in front of the laptop, surfing the net, making this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment